The Church of God believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The Church of God has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Why do we worship the way that we do?
Questions you may ask about our worship…
Why do we lift our hands?
Psalms 134:2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, And bless the LORD. 1 Timothy 2:8 I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting;
Why do we clap our hands?
Psalms 47:1 Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph!
Why do we stand when we sing?
Psalms 135:1 Praise the LORD! Praise the name of the LORD; Praise Him, O you servants of the LORD! 2 You who stand in the house of the LORD, In the courts of the house of our God, 3 Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; Sing praises to His name, for it is pleasant.
Why do people speak in tongues during worship?
Why do we have speaking with tongues and interpretation of those tongues in the church?
“Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.” (I Corinthians 14:39) “But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:…to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues”(I Corinthians 12:7,10)“I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.” (I Corinthians 14:5)
Why do we anoint with oil and pray for the sick?
“Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.” (James 5:14,15) I Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. Also verse 39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.
Please visit Daystar Family Worship Center church located at 115 Industrial Park Dr., Lincolnton NC.
Sunday Prayer: 10:00am
Sunday Worship and Service: 10:30am & Discipleship 6:00pm
Extreme Kidz Church 6:00pm
Wednesday Bible Study: 7:00pm
All worship services have nursery
Listen to Daystar Radio live by clicking the LISTEN LIVE button
Download the Free App on Google Play or Itunes by clicking the banners below!